So thought I'd share some pics I took before I mailed her off yesterday...
Here's another pic of the cover, which I was actually pretty pleased with:
It was a moleskin sketchbook, which I've never worked with before. I gessoed the cover and layered lots of paper, mostly New York atlas pages; stamped images on tissue and added florals from the vast collection of napkins I've
Then, I added lumieres, lace, some crystals and glitter sealing all with a matte medium.
I had to figure out a closure and came up with this jewelry piece that I glued on and attached some sari ribbon on the back cover and voila...a button closure (sorta)...
If you'd like to view more artwork and browse participating artists for the Sketchbook Project, go HERE
If you were a participant, let me know...would love to view your work!