Sunday, May 18, 2014

May's Garden






Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.




Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.



In search of my mother's garden, I found my own.




It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.







Gardening is how I relax. It's another form of creating and playing with colors.




Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.






A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them.





When I go into the garden, I forget everything. It's uncomplicated in my world of gardening. It's trial and error, really. If something doesn't work, it comes out, and you start all over again.





A garden must combine the poetic and he mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy.




Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you.



3 comments:

  1. Love all you garden pics. I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saved the best quote for last! What a beautiful garden you have made Theresa♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa! What a stunning array of photos you have shared with us- truly your garden in person must be a pleasure for the eyes!! Gorgeous! I can almost smell those roses! ")

    ReplyDelete