Sunday, October 9, 2011

The 100 Fountains

Hard to believe I was in Italy only a week ago....
I spent last Sunday on an Alitalia flight that was over 10 hours...
Thank heavens for direct flights...
Didn't sleep a wink....think I watched 6 movies or so, although I couldn't tell you what they were...
Working on my Travel Journal all this week has continued to remind me of the Adventure....




I started the background with some Golden Heavy Body Acrylics....

Pushed a few colors around with my handy dandy credit card....

It dries fairly quickly, so put some elbow grease into it as watercolor paper loves to soak it up...












Used a foam stamp, brushed some gesso on....
Then merrily stamped...and...stamped some more...
(Clean stamp immediately after)


Tap fingers while waiting for the gesso to dry....
Pour a vino...or tea....or coffee....water?






Add some depth with watercolors....
Or acrylics....
Or inks...
Don't stop with one....






Get involved with glue, thread, google...
Encounter bobbin issues on the sewing machine....
Consult the manual - Toss - and page Husband...

Misspell Italian translation only to be realized after taking photos, resizing photos, etc...
Correct spelling with a handy scrap as peeling each of those clear letters off for stamping is annoying...

Pour another vino...or tea....or coffee....water?
Don't stop with one....and curse the fact that you are no longer satisfied with that $9.99 Cavit.....



Get engrossed in 15 layers of wallpaper, paint, pearl-ex, inks, oil pastels, buttons, book searching for an EXACT phrase...or hoping one will "speak" to you....

Put on your new Italian tunic and scarf...and go to dinner....wear GOOD shoes and insist your husband wear that sexy Italian shirt you picked up in the market for 5 euros....squeeeeee...

Indulge in microwave popcorn with parmesan cheese watching "True Grit" trying to figure out what the heck Jeff Bridges is saying....
Sneak off to bed with your ipad determined to reach level 8 on "bejeweled"...
Sleep fitfully thanks to your "Alitalia cold"....consider tossing a pillow at the dog whose "guarding" the house from the cat who is outdoors meowing to be let in....feel pity for your bed partner...

Finally decide to just get up...clean the kitchen...make coffee that tastes nothing like the deliciousness you had a week ago...sneeze...cough...go smoke a cigarette...check emails, blog, facebook...and decide you are NOT getting out of your PJ's...may not EVEN wash your face and you WILL finish this page....
After greek yogurt with blueberries...because you are starving (why does this happen when you eat late at night???)....












Be HappY!....Finish Page.....Provide link to Villa D'Este and the 100 Fountains...Encourage everyone to visit...

Consider a shower at 6pm....
Wonder how late Jo-Ann's is open because I'm not sure I can cut that Italian lace I bought....
Post to Blog...Facebook...Facebook Group...

And Pour another vino...or tea....or coffee....water?





7 comments:

  1. I am in love with this post!! Anything that makes me smile at 7 in the morning is wonderful. I love your adventure in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa -- I can't wait to explore your blog further. I love this post and love your creations! Fabulous!

    Blessings,
    Sheri Ponzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. theresa, this post is great- captivating and entertaining, and your journal is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that handsome shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post I ever read! I am glad you worked it out, but I wouldn't have minded reading about it for another month or 2...
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... so much to drool over here!
    Wonderful post :]

    ReplyDelete